King vs Ashley
Pro King vs Pro Mike Ashley
a somewhat fair and balanced aproach for Rangers winning.
as I continue to watch with sheer horror and untold frustration I wonder what the future holds and am these days no longer surprised at who is stealing money out of Rangers … and although Im probably not able to exert the trumendus influence over the final outcomes of how this all gets resolved, For my own peace of mind I had to put “pen to paper” so to speak. and detail what each of the options can and is likely to bring.
okay so it doesn’t really matter too much what the fans think does it? but we will have an opinion either way as much as we will have a winner emerge either way.
What are their moral’s & PR strategy?
- Ashley: it is said that Ashley doesn’t do interviews but apparently has an “attack dog” PR guy Jack Irvine
- King: Keeps close to his chest, some would say dignified but at least he claims he has a business plan, when we have no plan from the other camp and I’m sure some of that will be made public.
Are they a “Rangers Man” ?
- Ashley: very much no.
- King: yes, supporter for life
Do they have the Money to rebuild the club?
- Ashley: yes yes yes but will he be willing to spend it?
- King: yes.
How much control do they want and have?
- Ashley: Owns sports direct, uses Newcastle as an advert for them, supposedly involved in some of the onerous contracts, including owning the naming rights for Ibrox, mash holding company owns around 9% of the club, Ashley has some deal regarding Rangers retail rights
- King: King wants to run things, but has been thwarted at every attempt thus far, he does have the fan power on his side and is highly regarded as a lifelong Rangers Man by most, He has sufficient finances but it will be an effort for him to organise this, Wallace supposedly backs him but how much sway, Chief exec Wallace has is any body’s
What outcome do they want?
- Ashley: Money although it’s unclear as to what extent. Has Ashley been behind things from the start? one would wonder with the sheer number of contracts that are favorable to him.
- King: rangers stable & full on winning at the highest level
Profit & business acumen?
- Ashley: yes. but is he interested in running a thriving football club or is it just about the money?
- King: yes. he wants to make money but wants Rangers to “be run properly”
- Ashley: Newcastle, including not able to directly control two clubs. Not a Rangers man
- King: Prior Tax settlement may cause issues for some fans on the lookout for another con man, having looked at this myself and what King and others have said I’m convinced that it only drug on so long because of King’s refusal to buy them off! (he eventually gave in and paid them off. maybe an omen for Rangers?) The other concern is that King may get outflanked by richer and somewhat incumbent Mike Ashley